Top 10 Theories about the Lost City of Atlantis — TopTenzNet - VideoRolls.com
By: TopTenzPublished: 2 years ago
2, 653 Likes 113 Dislikes
→Subscribe for new videos every day! http://bit.ly/toptenzsubscribe
→10 Reasons Bruce Lee was a Superhuman: http://bit.ly/1Hl4mVu
Entertaining and educational top 10 lists from TopTenzNet! Brand new videos 7 days a week! Videos are published at 6pm EST every day!
Subscribe to our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TopTenz/
Other TopTenz Videos:
Top 10 Secret Societies
Top 10 Mind Bending Theories About the Universe
Ever since the famed Greek philosopher Plato first wrote of a fabled continent called Atlantis more than two thousand years ago, scholars have been locked in fierce debate as to whether such a place truly existed. While a few rare individuals have taken Plato’s words seriously, most scoff at the idea that an advanced civilization could vanish as completely as if it had never existed. Such is a bit like imagining an elephant could walk through a snowdrift without leaving footprints, making it easy to ignore the entire subject and write it off as yet another example of New Age pseudo-science or, at best, an fantastic and historically indefensible fable. And this is not an unreasonable position either. After all, Plato described the place as being as large as Libya (an ancient term for North Africa) and Asia combined, making one reasonably confident it should be hard to miss. And yet no one has managed to produce as much as a coral reef that might have marked its ancient shoreline, much less an entire submerged continent. But the search continues and, if anything, appears to be growing in both scale and sophistication until today it has become something of a technological/historical holy grail for the twenty-first century.
Text version: http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-theories-about-the-lost-city-of-atlantis.php
10. Accounts of Atlantis are fictional
9. Atlantis was fictional but the accounts of a world-wide Deluge were true
8. Atlantis was a continent that existed in the mid-Atlantic as was destroyed by natural catastrophes
7. Plato was referring to the ancient Minoans and the explosion of the volcanic island of Thera
6. Atlantis was a mythical retelling of the Black Sea flood
5. Atlantis was referring to a more temperate Antarctica
4. Atlantis was a reference to an ancient continent called Lemuria
3. Atlantis was actually the mythological land of Mu
2. Atlantis was in Southeast Asia
1. Atlantis was in the Bahamas, Bermuda, the Azores, Canary Islands, etc.